Things to do or see:
- Swim at the sandy Onrus beach, with safe lagoon swimming for children, 20 minutes' walk or a short 5 minute drive away, or take a dip in the lovely tidal pool across the road from the house.
- Watch the whales from the shore from July to November - best whale watching in the world! The highlight of the whale season is the annual Whale Festival around September.
- Walk along the many splendid cliff paths in unspoilt surroundings along the coastline, or enjoy the beautiful fynbos along mountain trails in Fernkloof Nature Reserve, Caledon Wild Flower Reserve and Harold Porter Botanical Gardens at Betty's Bay.
- Visit the craft market in Hermanus (Saturdays and Sundays), the many small shops and galleries.
- Golf - 10 km from the renowned Arabella resort, 5 km to Hermanus or 15 min to Kleinmond.
- Boat trips, e.g. for whale watching, deep sea fishing, harbour tours.
- Visit the Caledon Spa and Casino - 30 minute's drive away.
- See the charming villages of Genadendal and Greyton, former mission stations (35 minutes drive).
- Take a drive to the picturesque fishing village of Gansbaai.
- Go shark cage diving at Kleinbaai, near Gansbaai.
- Visit wine estates in the Hemel and Aarde Valley nearby, or explore the many wine routes in the Overberg, Cape Winelands area.